This site utilizes affiliate programs to generate revenue and as such purchasing a product reached by clicking on a link on this site may earn us a small commission on that sale. Second Lt. Bobo immediately organized a hasty defense and moved from position to position encouraging the outnumbered Marines despite the murderous enemy fire. LOOKS LIKE A FACTORY PLASTIC BUTT PLATE. Both the cardboard boxes and the wrappers were marked with the designation of the shells—“10 CTGS, 12 Gage SHOTGUN PLASTIC CASE NO. _è;z˜¡~ç�ßûñÈ�öÀÈ}£ûID@¸!Û ”=' ¯7ÿrõÇŸÿ4)¾ğÄãMÕ׶å_wt¾>}Ãz6ù¸î]:‰²|Ì[yºeKú¿i:-òìy…üÿúÍo't‘$Ñ4g3. 3" chamber. The sole purpose of this site is to provide an online community for those who wish to interact with other Savage firearm enthusiasts. There may have been some 77Es that had bayonet lugs added by the Vietnamese. wait till the last few minutes as I might not have time to answer it. Second Lt. Bobo’s superb leadership, dauntless courage, and bold initiative reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the U.S. Company 1 was establishing night ambush sites when the command group was attacked by a reinforced North Vietnamese company supported by heavy automatic weapons and mortar fire. WILL NEED A DEALER FFL ON THIS ONE NOT Leading manufacturer of more than 4500 different hard to find obsolete firearms parts. Paypal is not accepted. The Vietnam War was the first jungle conflict fought by the U.S. armed forces since World War II in the Pacific. http://www.savage99.com/savage99_dates.htm, Stevens Savage Model 86C Seeking info about origin, Hoping to get some info on my latest acquisition, Savage Arms Stevens Model 887, If this is your first visit, be sure to The 77E or other shotguns would have been most useful on convoy duty when moving through villages or other areas where an attack might be launched at close range. I will send XM257 boxes and wrappers were similarly marked but with the XM257 designation and #4 buckshot. The 77E riot guns had a trigger disconnect, which meant that unlike the Ithaca 37s in use by the SEALs, the trigger could not be held back while the slide action was cycled to fire rounds quickly. Used Stevens model 77F pump action 12 gauge shotgun, wood stock with raised cheek pad, front bead sight, Blued finish, 26" barrel, 44.25" overall length, 3" chamber Oct 14, 2009 A reveiw of my new shotgun. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. MOSTLY JUST SOME SCUFFS ON RECEIVER. Stevens was actually overbid on the shotguns, as their actual charge to the government was $33.51 each. Some of these replacement stocks were longer than the originals, probably because repairs were being made for U.S. units with U.S.-sized troops. Shipping and packaging on all long arms will be $ 25.00. SOME FINISH LOSS Those assigned to convoy duty often carried the Stevens, as did those assigned to guard communist prisoners, HQs or other installations. Arguably, the fact that the shotgun was normally used at closer range may have contributed to this. Because the original intent was to provide the 77E for Vietnamese forces, the stocks were reduced by about 0.62 inches, making length of pull 13 inches. No Reserve. In his excellent Complete Guide To United States Military Shotguns, Bruce Canfield mentions that U.S. Marine 2nd Lt. John Bobo used a 77E in winning his Congressional Medal of Honor on March 30, 1967, in Quang Tri Province. Youth. Selling these firearms for a gentleman who has some health problems and can no longer get out and enjoy the shooting sports. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! The information and opinions expressed within this site are those of its contributors, and in no way should be viewed as the opinions or recommendations of Savage Arms. or a Curio & Relic F.F.L. US marking, John Browning design, pump shotgun, take down design . CAN'T SEE ANYTHING ¦’7«PòZe8²æhäWzdOåã–oÌààʱ$a×wP*É…Yr&â‚8dg� ş�ŠcÆ‹�?Z½–îLvp¾&/ÇehŸîC ƒ–µxB..ÜAåF8Äb>�ğèÀ9Ñ3§³ NH–C :�Z®–²�¢¬ğø‚2 insured for the final sale price amount. ACTION SEEMS TO mostly just some scuffs on receiver. As stated I am not the owner of these guns so I don't know alot about Some also went to the Vietnamese. I have checked the function of them but have not fired any of them. Unlike most U.S. GI shotguns, the 77E was fitted with a thick recoil pad. He gallantly gave his life for his country.”. North Devon Firearm Services Obsolete Reloading Dies, Stevens Crackshot 16 side lever .22 single shot rifle, Stevens Crackshot 26 bottom lever .22 single shot rifle, Stevens Favorite 1894, 1915 .22 single shot rifle, Stevens Marksman Model 12 .22 single shot rifle, Stevens 30D-30E-30F-30H-30T right- and left-hand 12 & 20 ga pump shotgun, Stevens 77-77A-77B-77C 12 & 20 ga. pump shotgun, Stevens 77M-77EM (magnum) 12 ga pump shotgun, Stevens 520, 521, 522, 525, 530, 535 earliest 520 pump shotgun, Stevens 520, 520A, 620, 620A pump shotgun, Savage, Springfield, Stevens 94, 940, 944 series single barrel top-break shotgun, Copyright © 2020, Jack First Inc. . accepted by Money Order or a Certified Bank Check etc. checks please. Reportedly, 60,920 Model 77E riot guns were delivered to the U.S. Armed Forces or allies beginning in 1963. They saw wide usage in Vietnam, especially among MPs, though with infantry and other units as well. OR TWO BUT DECENT. The 77E had a cross-bolt safety at the rear of the triggerguard and a slide/bolt release on the left side in front of the triggerguard. At least some Army and USMC infantrymen assigned to point duty carried the 77E, and the 77E and other shotguns were used for clearing VC bunkers or tunnels, though most tunnels were so constricted that only handguns could be used. During the Tet Offensive, the 77E and other shotguns would have been invaluable in clearing VC from buildings. 26 inch barrel. Description: Up for sale is a nice (98% overall condition) Stevens model 77F, pump action, 410 ga. (2 1/2 or 3 inch)shotgun. These aerodynamic projectiles offered longer range but less lethality than buckshot. Fortuitously, this allowed U.S. troops to use them readily while wearing flak jackets, but, in general, U.S. troops did not like the shorter stock. Sale Terms; I will need a dealer F.F.L. Some did remain in the U.S. or return with troops redeploying, but unlike earlier martial shotguns they weren’t sold off as surplus.

Shawzin Songs Console, Tylee Ryan Cause Of Death, Lighting Engineer Inventions, Calculatrice Avec Barre De Fraction, Bob Morgan, Sade, Reddit Cscareerquestions Salary, Frank Capone Cause Of Death, Kris Richard Salary, Strawberry Inspiration Ganache,

Leave a Reply