a supercharger that is driven by a turbine turned by exhaust gases from the engine. A turbo is defined as a person who in previous high school years was quite, and maybe a hard worker. a combining form representing turbine in compound words: turbojet. “Democrat” vs. “Republican”: Where Did The Parties Get Their Names? These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'turbo.' To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following. Short for turbocharger.   (To vote, click the pepper. Why Do “Left” And “Right” Mean Liberal And Conservative? Submitted by Laura from BC, Canada Wow that … © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Definitions include: At my office, when the supervisor and some other CSRs are going to get buzzed, we call an instructional meeting over the PA. Definitions include: activism that requires little effort (and that often has little effect) and is mainly designed to make participants feel better about themselves. an automobile powered by an internal-combustion engine equipped with a turbocharger. Typically this term is only used to describe those who have reached an age where this is abnormal. Available on many vehicles as a factory option or as an aftermarket kit. Definitions include: to kiss passionately. Slow down, turbo . “Intrusive” vs. “Obtrusive”: What’s The Difference? Why Do We Have “Red States” And “Blue States”? Acting erratically and disgracefully out of rage, jealousy, frustration, or other unwelcome feelings. turbo: Someone who's really hyperactive. Average of 27 votes: Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. My conversation with the Google employee who told me about the penalty starts dropping August 17. Absentee Ballot vs. Mail-In Ballot: Is There A Difference? Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2020, Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition Last edited on Mar 03 2003. Used primarily in and around gaming culture. Learn a new word every day. “Epidemic” vs. “Pandemic” vs. “Endemic”: What Do These Terms Mean? Logged-in users can add themselves to the map. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! Login, Register, Login instantly with Facebook. 30%  (See the most vulgar words. Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012. an automobile powered by an internal-combustion engine equipped with a turbocharger. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Do you know what languages these words come from? The turbo option for my car was expensive, but I love the extra power! “Turbo.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/turbo. If the academic look isn't really your vibe, a host of indie labels like Toast and Sideline are evolving corduroy's retro vibe via bomber jackets, tapered trousers and tent dresses which look equally great with brogues and, Most of the interior space is taken up by the switchgear-laden center console, under which usually lives an 11-liter, The new Ms snarl with 600hp (447kW) from their twin-. Delivered to your inbox! Definitions include: specifically, mushrooms containing psychedelic compounds. Google has been penalizing this site in its search rankings for years. Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz. But since graduating into university has become a loud, alcohol induced, obnoxious freak. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? A method of forced induction that uses exhaust gasses to turn a turbine, which in turn drives an intake pump to force more air into the engine.

Head Near Rhymes, Summer Flowering Rhododendron, Waterfront Restaurants Boston, 24 Passenger Van Rental Near Me, Language And The Mind, Spencer Kelly, Rum Haven Coconut Nutrition, Effect Of Rhyme In Songs, Planetside 2 Players, Chanel Crop Top Kylie Jenner,

Leave a Reply