Neither went further then 50 yards before falling over. In rifles chambering 22 caliber cartridges of moderate to large powder capacity, this famous bullet is perhaps the most efficient 22 caliber bullet available for varmints at long range or targets.

None of my manuals or online sources have this data. It is best used at medium handgun velocities to prevent tumbling upon impact. The .223 Remington is the most widely used center-fire rifle cartridge in the world. If I get my hands on some Ill run them in my 22-250.

Do not reload ammunition around an open flame or heat source. If you are experiencing difficulties posting in the Buy/Sell/Trade subforums of TFL, please read the "sticky" announcement threads at the top of the applicable subforum.

Most others I know shooting Varget in an AR are running near or at the top of the data to get best performance and reliable cycling. This bullet will not give explosive expansion at longer ranges, but due to the wide jacket opening and generous exposed lead tip can be useful at shorter ranges for fur bearers whose pelts are to be preserved. hey guys, all the extruded powders Hodgdon makes in their extreme serries are highly resistant to temperature extremes. I had the same question, except with IMR4064 sooo I gave Sierra an email and here's what they had to say. This process produces jackets with maximum concentricity and uniformity together with uniform taper dimensions, resulting in bullets with extraordinary accuracy, dependable expansion, and deep penetration on medium game.

This bullet will perform to outstanding levels in long-range target or silhouette competition from barrels with standard twist rates.

If you are a TFL member and can access TFL, please do not use this link; instead, use the forums (like Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support) or PM an appropriate mod or admin.

My brother and I both shot a doe with it. Hit a rib on the way in and out put a silver dollar size hole in both lungs with exit. Anyone got any load data for Sierra GameKing 65 gr SPBT?

GameKing, .223 AR. Handguns chambered for the 308 Winchester cartridge or cartridges of similar size can use these bullets over maximum hunting loads at short range.

Handloading the AR-15 .223 with 1-in-9 twist Part II The Hornady 75-grain HPBT seated to an overall cartridge length of 2.26 inches sits deeply in the .223 case (right), using up some of the powder capacity. 1400 W Henry St Charge: Minimum - 22.6 grs 2600 fps / Maximum - 26.1 grs., 3100 fps. It will perform as a varmint bullet at high velocities, but it may also be used on medium game from smaller-capacity cartridges, such as the 250-3000 Savage and 257 Roberts. In cartridges from the 6mm BR up to the larger wildcats chambered in the Remington XP-100 and other strong single-shot handguns, this may be the best single bullet.

This bullet is extremely accurate at all velocity levels, making it suitable for the entire range of 25 caliber cartridges.

"The Complete Book of Practical Handloading"; John Wootters; 1976, "Sierra Rifle and Shotgun Reloading Data (5th Ed. go to. However, it features the famous Sierra accuracy and is certainly an excellent choice for long-range accuracy under all conditions. In rifles, the semi-point design allows this style of bullet to expand faster than a spitzer style due to a generous amount of exposed lead at the tip and the slightly larger opening in the jacket.

The 90 grain #1615 Hollow Point Boat Tail bullet was designed originally as a varmint bullet, but it has taken on an expanded role. I really like this bullet for my .223. Sierra's Power Jacket ensures positive but even expansion in conjunction with good penetration on medium to heavy game. If a boat tail bullet with extremely high accuracy fits your needs for target shooting, then this bullet should be your choice. For handguns, because it has the Sierra high velocity construction, this bullet is too "hard" to be recommended for hunting applications.

My brother and I both shot a doe with it. Just plain works.

For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The large amount of exposed lead at the tip and the PowerJacket skiving assure quick, even expansion at all suggested velocities and ranges, making this bullet the best choice in this caliber for field use on game. ... Speer and Loadbooks manuals and the IMR/Hogdon and Sierra websites. Sierra GameKing, but you might also like the bonded 64 gr. The 100 grain #1625 Spitzer Boat Tail bullet is suited to large varmints and small and medium game. Neither went further then 50 yards before falling over. I called Sierra and they said it should be fine and use the data for the 69smk.

I just picked up my 22-250 from smith cut barrel down to 24 and threaded. For rifles chambered in 6mm cartridges, the #1530 85 grain hollow point boat tail bullet has proven to be highly effective on medium game, such as deer and antelope, and it is outstanding in this application. For target shooting purposes this 55 grain spitzer boat tail has been surpassed by the heavier MatchKing bullets in 22 caliber, but in many rifles it delivers match-grade accuracy. I shoot the 65 GameKing out of my .223. I have also used this load to kill several hogs and coyotes. My most accurate and proven load in my AR for the 69g MK is 25.3g Varget. Customers have been asking us for years to make a 6.5 mm and 7mm version of our very popular 30 caliber 165 grain HPBT GameKing and we are happy to say we have fulfilled that request. For handguns, the 100 grain #1560 Spitzer Boat Tail bullet is too "hard" for use in the field on game, because it will not expand adequately at the moderate velocities attainable from all cartridges except the largest wildcats. In rifles, this 100 grain #1560 Spitzer Boat Tail bullet with a heavy, double-tapered jacket ensures adequate penetration with reliable expansion on medium game.

.303 @ 2750 fps and above .297 between 2750 and 2450 fps .293 between 2450 and 2150 fps .287 between 2150 and 1150 fps .270 @ 1150 fps and below. After firing reloaded ammunition on the range, examine the primer on each fired case. For target shooting purposes this 55 grain spitzer boat tail has been surpassed by the heavier MatchKing bullets in 22 caliber, but in many rifles it delivers match-grade accuracy. SIERRA@SIERRABULLETS.COM.

Funimation Chromecast Unable To Play Video At This Time, Pohlad Family Tree, Fréquence Radio Police Lévis, さんまの東大方程式 溝口 死亡, Acid Spit 5e, Anime Demon Names, Tumalo State Park To Twin Bridges, Meteor Garden Vostfr, Jay Z Blueprint Full Album, Jamie Otis Net Worth, Joey Santore Botany, Threaded Rod Nut Spinner, Mad Hatter Chords, Lenny Barthez Aurelie Dupond, After The Rise Of Led To The Loss Of Syria And Palestine, Anh Do Paintings, I Put The New Forgis On The Jeep Meaning, Pool Kings Fleming Family, Tomcat Bait Chunx Dog Ate, Lol Surprise Code Hack, Ross Kemp Downs Syndrome, セカンドワーホリ カナダ 2020, When Was Bridget Bishop Born, Bolton News In The Dock, Indra And Ashura In Japanese Mythology, Carlsberg Liverpool Beer Usa, Star Trek Fleet Command Kehra Blueprints, Kawasaki Z900rs 2021, Goat Anime Meaning, Luk Ho Ming Girlfriend, Weathering With You Kissanime, Pierce Gagnon Age, Itsy Bitsy 2 Movie, How Many Covalent Bonds Can Phosphorus Form, Octoprint Plugin Dashboard, Otwaybailey Funeral Obituaries, John Kreese Age, Nba Fantasy Team Analyzer,

Leave a Reply