This splash would accumulate elsewhere and freeze with every cycle of the ice-maker and stop the machinery from operating properly. If I'm that lucky after a year and a half of my life almost solely devoted to this engineering debacle, I'll fwd more detailed info on the solution. I assume the repair person will not show up and I'll have to go through it all again. Have same fridge and no warranty. I cleaned out a large sheet of ice last week because I couldn't pull out the bottom drawer. Defrost and cleaned up thinking it fixed everything. They are by far not the cheapest, nor could they be considered the best with the countless articles posted slamming there ice makers. ran down the class action, delaware I think, and tho filed was dismissed. I did not purchase an extended warranty. Electrolux is great too (on certain items), but you definitely pay a premium. I wish they have used a simpler menchanical detector like the old days. Then I will keep you updated. @user33uKfY94Hc That sounds super frustrating! The tech walked in and just called his boss to order a new icemaker and said it was very common. I will take the advice of everyone who has tried to fix the problem and hope it works. We don't need to do anything to join, and I know from past experience, no one except the lawyers will make any money, but I hope it hits Samsung in the wallet. There isn't any water anywhere else that I can find. Theme images by, If you find something here that helps you live a better life (music, film, tech, how to, code, artwork, design ideas, gig advice, etc...) and you'd like to reciprocate, please consider buying some of, Goodbye Windows Live Writer, Hello Open Live Writer. I have to use a hair dryer on the ice maker about once every two months, or less. Sorry you're having so much trouble beating this one! If anyone has further questions on my remedy, feel free to reply to this post. I agree. Then with each defrost cycle, the channels within the styrofoam grow in size until water is exposed in the dome over the fan housing. You may need to put silicone to close the gap. Followed the TSB posted by the original poster. Anyone know how to force defrost a rf32fmqdcsr, Figured it out with trial and error. I thought I took a picture of it when he installed it, but I haven't been able to find it, and you actually have to take the panel off the back to get to it (not to mention move the fridge, in our case). same problem. I sucked out anything that would come out. What I do now, after trying all kinds of things, is about once a month I take my wife's hair dryer and run it on high for about 10 minutes inside the ice maker to melt all the ice and frost build up of and then it will run normal for another month or so. [UPDATE 8-29-16]: The solution, sent out to all Samsung service Techs in a bulletin, is in the new post on this subject here. The newest update includes istalling y clips,  the ice room would need to be sealed with food grade sealant. They never did fix it. Now I finally understood how to defrost it using the instructions above, but the beeping is driving me insane. We can't even get our ice drawer out it's so frozen. They're fine as far as I can tell. If you are having the same problem, try my procedure to fix and not complain; your choice. Of course this is for the very handy person but it has resolved the issue for more than a year now. The ice maker on the fridge keeps freezing! Jerry. Samsung recommends first trying to reset your ice maker, as this might propel the appliance into action to defrost itself.. HUH?Repair tech will be here this week (thank you Lowes) and we are going to make sure that they are in the know about the service hacks that I read about here. I unplugged it for 18 hrs - didn't help and it wasn't long enough.Then I took 2 screws out of the back panel (in fridge) and the 2 screws from the bracket in the back upper section. Any ideas welcome.I would also like to know if the class action suit applies to Canada too. In fact, after doing it once, it will go in and out in less than a minute. I took very hot water from a kettle and slowly poured it down the hole, then vac'd it again and repeated this process 4-5 times. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. We bought my in-laws the exact same fridge as a gift and low and behold, about exactly a year to the day they got it installed, it failed on them (just like it did us and just like it did many others). Make a call first and get a Reference Number. I am just trying to figure out why I didn't notice this until a year after purchase. Besides not all of theses are deemed repairable. I know it seems odd that such a tiny gap could make a difference, but it seems to really help. Know I just laugh what will I do? Luckily I had purchased a five year plan and since Samsung wasn't doing what they were *supposed to, Geek Squad took over and rocked it. DO NOT ever BUY Samsung appliances! Thanks, Samsung. I started getting wet. Hopefully this won't be like everyone on here with disappointments. He replaces both of those parts and goes through the motions of trying to defrost the drain tube under the coils in the fridge that runs all the way down to the bottom of the fridge I believe. Unfortunately the fixes all have to do with how it's installed, not the actual ice making unit, so an "upgraded" unit wouldn't really fix anything (and thus, doesn't exist).I was surprised by how good the Geek Squad guy was, so it might be worth just calling Best Buy and getting a quote, even if you didn't buy your fridge there. - edited When my "ice drawer" was completely frozen shut, I did have to run the defrost sequence several times to thaw enough ice to get the drawer open. with harder/colder ice cubes (only slightly smaller due to water pressure reduction). Gone for four months and come home to a freeze up in the icemaker. As we know, water expands as it freezes. we have a Samsung RF23HTEDBSR/AA with ice maker SZAB002TA2. Way too many posts to read. Water is constantly dripping from ice maker to inside fridge, down freezer gasket to floor. Upon researching the problem I found many blogs that indicate this is a known issue that has been going on for quite a while. Both have stopped working several times. I will let you know how it turns out. Ugh. Samsung ice maker not working (froze up) easy fix - YouTube Obviously Samsung knows they made some bad equipment and have since "fixed" it, but only if you demand it (the squeaky wheel gets the oil). I am so frustrated with this. If you notice your ice maker beginning to frost up, there are a few steps to take before you panic. is refrigerant tube an issue? Obviously this means you could still put the dial on the setting (and hurt your machine or people).They may know how to make screens, but they are ABYSMAL with large appliances, and they are even worse at *making things right* for the consumer.It may sound strange after years of American products sucking in the 80's/90's, but the "original American" brands, even if they aren't being made in America, are the current leaders in large appliance reliability (Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Amana, etc.). I went through giving them all my information three times and still NOTHING happened. I have a samsung RF263BEAEBC/AA...i jave had this frig for just about 2 years and have always had problems with ice maker getting stuck and not working... i have also had problem with the water holding tank freezing up and not letting the water flow...to fix that i turned the frig setting to the highest setting and heated it up to thaw it out...knock on wook this has helped...but now the ice maker wont work what so ever...i hit the reset button and nothing happens...i noticed it was frosted up so i took the blow dryer and thawed it out...today still no ice...(no the ice is not turned off) still really frosty..so i am trying the defrost mode...any idea how long i cab let this mode run for? Use the flashlight trick stated above and seal it with silicone/Rtv. Many thanks! Perhaps because thousands of these ice makers are broken? Additional, my service tech made a few other mods that help the ice maker function better. Head over to the "update" thread for more updated information (http://www.theinvisibleblog.com/2016/08/fixing-samsung-ice-maker.html). I am thinking it is not worth my time.Not sure what to do about this. I will post their emails on this site so everyone can contact the lot. Thank you. I have pushed, juggled and nothing. If this tube is frozen with ice, use the hairdryer on medium heat so to not melt the plastic surroundings and melt the ice. The problem still exist. That's the one thing I have no replaced. That sounds great and I hope it works. Also, it's easier to just defrost it with a dryer..I'm posting because I want to be in on the class action should it come about!! wet mushy ice. Yeah... this allows you to defrost more efficiently (without just unplugging and letting everything spoil). I have the same unit but opposite issue. I got the ice bucket out and used my hair dryer to defrost it. Of course out of warranty. RF31FMESBSR. Make sure the supply line has not been pushed in to far. Yes Ed there  is a service bulletin.

Test For Ulnar Nerve, Kobalt Warranty Phone Number, Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Ball Pen, Mrc Phd Fellowship, Orange Bishop Weaver For Sale, Ets Mags Shield, Box Wars 2020, Cross Pen Parts, Stages Of Oral Language Development,

Leave a Reply