Removing the drain pan itself is going to be a challenge. We purchased the same unit again. The compressor was the problem. Thanks to all in advance. Good luck! They will charge you about $300-$500. I suspect it will not. Unfortunately, this was the only real option I had at the time. I was ready to replace the ice maker itself, but now I am not sure since it is making ice. If neither side of the compressor is cold, are the condenser coils warm or hot? We took the next available repair appointment with Sears which is Wednesday, January 9. when it reaches this usually the ice has already melted, due to heater, and the compressor is started again to drive the freezer back down to 0 deg F (-20 deg C) with the evap fan running. How to remove toilet valve without damaging pvc feed pipe? The tech came out and said nothing was wrong. This website was created with a purpose to help our visitors to find proper information about appliance and home repairs. Getting the part will take days as most places don’t stock it. There is no one in our area who fixes LG or Samsung made refrigerators. Thank you for your time, Refrigerator Model: FGHF2344MF7 However, if the lines are untouched, what else could be causing these leaks? Calls LG constantly. 106.7689411 Refrigerator will not cool. If there is a sound, the circuit is closed. Any ideas what can cause the ice to melt at the bottom of the bucket. If you purchased an Elite model you paid for the privilege of having a longer warranty on the sealed system, @jayeff it is an Elite, so that gives me hope!! If its possible. After hooking everything up, the gauge was reading it has freon. No, GE fridges have the bad relay on the 942 board, NOT the LG/Elite models. My Kenmore Elite refrigerator is having the same problem. So I'm interested in knowing what you found out as well. Don’t know how long it will work and I don’t trust it. It is possible that there is a restriction in the capillary tube that supplies the evaporator..... but I'm fairly certain you are low or out of refrigerant. Hi All, I have a Kenmore 10658432700 side by side and the freezer is running abo... We have a Kenmore Elite side-by-side coldspot refrigerator, Model# 106.50592000,... My son gave me a used side-by-side Kenmore fridge. If so, the vent is clogged. Now we are registering cooler than the selected setting and food is freezing in the fridge. I believe the refrigerator keeps getting stuck in a defrost mode. All information is provided "AS IS." JavaScript is disabled. The ice in the ice make started melt and drip through the ice dispenser chute. The damper control (also known as the air diffuser, air damper, or baffle) is designed to control the amount of air that comes from the freezer and allows the refrigerator compartment to cool. February 10 by Looks like i’ll be repairing my own fridge since i cant depend on a sears tec to get it right the first time especially after purchasing this unit with a warranty. Thank you. Nothing is being done. Trabajando bien hasta ahora. Fridge is still down. It will change controls in the event of an increase or decrease. My fridge was still not cooling perfectly, so what I ended up doing was cutting open the system and changing out the 3-way refrigerant valve (this valve supplies gas for both the refrigerator and the freezer cooling evaporators) it either sends gas to the fridge or the freezer depending on which one needs cooling at the time. How old is this LG manufactured fridge ? After pressing again,i hear the charms twice in 3 three times, then saw 22 22 on the screen. So now the fridge is operational and working - but my question what is causing this ice build up? You must log in or register to reply here. Run the fridge for an hour.... the compressor should be pretty hot. Thanks pugsl, I guess Pete must be busy - I did see he posted up shortly after midnight this morning though. Kenmore elite less than 2 years old stopped cooling/freezing a few months ago. It has been turned off for o... Samsung Fridge Ice Build Up Interferes With Fan, My Samsung fridge which is approx 3+ yrs old developed a noise that turned out to be the fan inside the fridge hitting a build of ice on the unit that chills the fridge. Actually, I LOVE to work on them. Compressor shot ordered new one under warranty. usually at the front side of the cap tube therefor not allowing the gas to boil off in the coils and driving down temps to get cold. I ordered bullet piercing value and got can stop leak with freon. If you don’t hear that humming on a regular basis, that means your refrigerator is getting warmer. Condenser Fan Motor for your  Refrigerator. Compressor lines are warm to the touch and condenser coils are not getting hot like they should. Use a multimeter and put it on a continuity setting. If it is no longer under warranty then it is more a decision of whether it is economically viable to do it or not given the age and condition of the refrigerator. They are working on these all day. In this case, contact your local refrigeration expert near you and schedule an appointment. Accessibility. The compressor is a major part of your refrigerator that you don’t want to fail. Yesterday, at Loews, LG Refrig selling for $2,800. It is not a 'sears' problem, it is LG. If the multimeter doesn’t make a sound, that’s when you know when the circuit is open. Hopefully that fixes it but i have high doubts it will due to reading this last comment regards the compressor. home improvement and repair website. All rights reserved. According to some past customers, the compressors would fail within the first ten years of use. The “C” at the end of this sequence represents Celsius (alternatively, you could see an “F” at the end that represents Fahrenheit). Then the compressor and evaporator fan started, Only problem, is the 20u450VAC starting cap is. probably still bad, since it was only reading 33VAC. It is not just Sears. 1 Answer from this member: Want to get updates on new answers? Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers. The failure could be due to several factors. I bought the extended warranty for $500 too! So paid service call for nothing lol. You might be dealing with an overflowing drain pan. On the seventh day the refrigerator started working again. It’s in awesome shape other than the compressor doesn’t work as per two repairmen!!!! Lauri waldvogel, if the refrigerator you bought from Sears has the Kenmore Elite on the front of it, it is manufactured by LG but Sears is responsible to the warranty. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Anyway when this fridge runs for awhile the refrigerant and or mineral oil starts to break down this coil and cause contaminants to float within the system, sure the filter/dryer catches these particles but over time this dryer starts to become plugged and pose problems for the entire system. It should be located where the cold air enters the refrigeration compartment. So the compressor has not failed this time, but for some reason the refrigerator evap is not cooling. 2001-Oct. 2005 Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present Look-Up & Order Parts. Thanks for that info! running at this low voltage, and being excessively HOT! @Melissaann501 did you get any news on possible solutions? The entire refrigerator is not cooling . During diagnostic appt, tech tries to sell extended warranty. Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers. If in the piping internal to the refrigerator and unable to be accessed, then to my mind the refrigerator has to be replaced as I realize that this area of the fridge cannot be fixed. I have a Kenmore Elite Side by side refrigerator with bottom freezer Model No. Unbelievable ignorance here. It is behind a panel in the freezer compartment as is the evap fan. My wife is not happy as less than 3 years later we are in the same situation and waiting for the sears third party to come out and tell us what’s wrong. It may have a foam seal as well to prevent leaks from entering the fridge. Don't leave me hanging guys, lol! That's what Sears did. Hope this helps you! 1988-1990 Wards Appliance Tech. I’ve posted already in explanation “ how a refrigeration system works, and ways to clean out the entire system after a compressor burnout” Lets see, first off, the problem was that when they designed this fridge the manufacture installed an aluminum condenser coil either to save money or who knows why?? First, you could be dealing with a defective unit. They ordered parts to test the Freon, one week, then more parts, two more weeks, fianally said it was a Freon leak somewhere in the cabinet somewhere would not be able to repair the unit. Could not even stay in my house. 795.72093.312 Kenmore Refrigerator - interior ventilation fan vibration, 795.72053112 Kenmore Refrigerator not cooling, Kenmore (Amana) made 596.79142993 Refrigerator Not Cooling. A month and a half later and it stops cooling/freezing again. If the fan blade does not turn freely, replace the fan motor. Everything else is working fine.

Alexia Name Meaning, Valentina Sampaio Childhood Photos, Titanfall 2 Gauntlet Leaderboard, ハリー王子 メーガン 離婚, Rhys Fehrenbacher Age, Places To Ride Atv Near Me, Predator 2 Jamaican Voodoo Posse, Black Moth Symbolism,

Leave a Reply