Was the information on this page helpful. I agree with nighthunter. Have been experimenting with loads for 140gr only, but used Barnes XLC's, Nosler Partition, Nosler SST's, and Rem Corelokt's. I … Wt. Good luck with the 869. The big problem is, the right powder is often different from one barrel to another. I do all my own load development. I have a rem 700, 27" Lilja 1x8 twist bbl. Fellows - There was an article in Handloader magazine No. The .264 Winchester Magnum was the first U.S magnum to be based on the 6.5 caliber. To straighten the case mouth, run the case part way into the sizer die and let the expander ball straighten the brass. With some smaller caliber cases you may notice the case mouths to be slightly belled. A 26" barrel is necessary to get full performance from the.264 Mag. JavaScript is disabled. .264 Winchester Magnum (Hodgdon Data) reloading data with 102 loads. 6.5 PRC 140-153 gr. You can learn more about the cookies we use and why we use them by viewing our Privacy Policy. Minor dents are normally removed in the first firing and will not affect case life or performance. Thread starter FRANK21; Start date Oct 11, 2004; Help Support Long Range Hunting : Join the LRH Team or . With all new rifle brass, you should first straighten out the case and case mouth, then chamfer and debur the case mouth inside and out. Joined: Aug 2009. Campfire Ranger. My favorite round is .264WM. Brass Preparation: With bulk rifle brass you may sometimes notice a few case mouths are “out of round” or slightly dented below the shoulder. Load Data. I could not get speed out of Retumbo or Ramshot Magnum with a 130 gr Swift Scirocco, it did not seem to matter how much I dropped, I could not get faster than 3150 out of my 26" Pre 64 model 70. ATTENTION: New reloading data … Also I have all the load manuals which I think … Im sure the guys who had this discusion in 2004 are glad to have your input but I dont even recodnise their names. I can't remember the charge weight. You must log in or register to reply here. !Also good in the 7 and 300 mags with heavy pills..My old standby has been 140gr Partitions 73.5 grs for a consistent 3175-3190 out of a 26"pipe which translates to a gnat's azz over 1 MOA..Plenty good enough for knocking a speed goat on it's behind about as far as you can see!! I have had great results with H4831. A 264 with the right powder will push 140's to 3200 fps from a 26 inch tube. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience. Oct 11, 2004 #1 F. FRANK21 Well-Known Member. Posts: 1,520. I was disappointed because I saw those videos were there shooting game all the way to 900 yds. Bullets; Primers ; Specifications . By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies. That's not too far behind the .264 WM except in grains of powder burned, and then it's way behind. We have found that surprisingly long barrel life can be expected, even with full power loads, provided the shooter takes care not to … How I reload; Reloading Questions; About. Here is a good artical on the 264. also JLK is making a 140gr VLD with a .630 BC. Notes: Case trim length: 2.490"; barrel length: 26"; COAL: 3.340"; bullets used for 140 GR Data: Berger Match VLD Target, Match BT Long Range Target, Match Hybrid Target or Match Grade VLD Hunting. If you are interested in the most recent data for cartridges and/or bullet weights/styles not listed on this page, contact Barnes Consumer Service department to inquire about recommended loads and approximate timing for the data to be made available via email at customerservice@barnesbullets.com or by phone at 800.574.9200..

Luk Ho Ming Girlfriend, Ps4 Lan Cable, Y108 Ben Fired, How Did Robbie Knievel Jr Die, Wally Lewis' Daughter, Vs Ss Ute For Sale, Kate Tempest People's Faces Lyrics,

Leave a Reply