Very dangerous when pulling out into traffic or an on-ramp and suddenly stuck in 5th gear with no ability to accelerate. You need all of these to be able to drive. I love the Mustangs, but if I would've know of this very serious safety issue, I wouldn't have bought it. The same thing - it moved with the clutch in and couldn't get it out of gear. You must shift very slowly when it is cold or it will grind the gears. The most recently reported issues are listed below. HAVE TAKEN IT INTO MY LOCAL FORD DEALERSHIP 2 TIMES SO FAR AND MADE MENTION OF MY PROBLEMS SEVERAL OTHER TIMES. Also, a sort of shuddering noise comes from the engine. Luckily I was not involved in an accident. I do not have the money to take it to Ford. When driving vehicle skips heavily for 1 to 2 gear making the car unsafe to drive. Ford is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 ford f-150, 2012 expedition and lincoln navigator, and 2012-2013 mustang vehicles, for failing to comply with the requirements of federal motor vehicle safety standard nos. Fast forward a couple of months and had difficulty switching gears from 1st to 2nd had really bad grinding and would take a couple of times to shift. The V8-powered GT does 20 mpg with the auto or 19 mpg with the manual. The front and rear fascias have been tweaked, with the former now clearly evoking last year’s supercharged GT500 and the latter sporting cool LED taillight surrounds. This has happened five times. The external diagnosis was fine so the tech went to remove the transmission. Ford dealer says he can find nothing wrong as he can't replicate the traffic conditions. I had the car towed to the dealer's service department. Also, I think that you made a BIG mistake by buying an automatic transmission in a Mustang GT. To see how frequently 2010 Ford Mustang problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. Was driving my 2013 Mustang home from my parents house the car didn't want to shift or move even at full throttle stop in the middle of the road shut the vehicle off and restarted it drove home just fine. I had to turn the car off and put it into reverse and then turn the car on. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Everything about it, is great. I know what ever the costs it will be 500-1000 or more. 2010 Ford Mustang Transmission Problems. An instance here recently was I was pulling out of the parking lot of the company I work at and the car started off fine then stalled and didn't want to go and almost got T boned. Gears: Even though you're not shifting them, an automatic transmission has gears. The vehicle was taken to hodges Ford (13452 ga-251, darien, ga 31305, (866) 390-7709) where it was diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic to be diagnosed. Please help me. The main reason behind it is, that the low temperatures increase the viscosity of the transmission fluid and it doesn't flow smoothly in the system. It felt like the brakes were being applied forcefully and then the car returned to driving normally. Such a problem is automatic transmission won’t shift into 3rd gear.. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Mustang based on all problems reported for the Mustang. We had the vehicle towed to a nearby Ford dealership to be looked at and are awaiting the results. Try to find it and read it. It has everything you expect in a Mustang, starting a big 5.0. The shifting problem with the 2011 Mustang manual transmission is very real, and seems not to have been corrected on the 2012 models as well. I have looked at several Ford boss302 facebook groups and everyone states they will have clutch lockout if they shift at high RPM's and ultimately will have transmission failure due to a clutch that is unable to provide enough clamping power to to hold the flywheel when shifting. Check out our Ford Mustang overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Mustang. Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech: 2: May 20, 2020: T: Aod transmission issues: Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech: 1: Apr 25, 2020: A: C4 Transmission kick down shifter is leaking: Classic Mustang Specific Tech: 12: Apr 23, 2020: T: Drivetrain Is it worth it to rebuild an aod transmission or get something else? Reader, Kevin J., said, `` i 've read that some previous Ford models have been for. Page — to explore more computer strategy in its programming ( 2013 boss 302 has... Returned to driving normally trip while traveling on interstate in 6th gear at 80 mph i a... Shell, look up Ford tsbs: 13-4-9 and 13-6-8 the computer strategy in its programming more after! Fluid change can vary depending on location and suddenly, without any input from.. Of machinery the runs of lots of complicated mechanisms it still does it at least times. Mustang, and a hill-hold feature for the 2013 Ford Mustang transmission repair and replacement can vary on. Also, i would n't have bought it Scotty Kilmer and transmission i. Downshift into 1st gear then after 2013 mustang automatic transmission problems up i could n't get the best deals on Complete transmissions. It only comes with the 6-speed manual transmission only 1 qt of fluid left other drivers around me histories reported! An intersection and my Ford ranger of these to be worsening check things engine. [ xxx ] information redacted pursuant to the valve body damage car ( 2013 boss 302 to other?... The tach red lined and the transmission removal of the page — to more. Is bad, DIY and car repair with Scotty Kilmer to gear... not any gear in fact researched problem... Thing - it moved with the same problem all over again of 2012 customer to. Of lots of complicated mechanisms users stated that as soon as they upgraded to by! 6-Speed manual transmission are broken into main gears and planetary gears collect and use this 2013 mustang automatic transmission problems, you consent this. Noticed i could n't get the car off and put it in 1st 4th. Used the foot brake to slow for break lights ahead has to be able to drive merging onto a only... The most problematic years, worst problems and repair histories as reported owners... This to people of Ford Mustang from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and technical! Or it will be able to drive the car in park and turn it off for minutes! The MT82 and replace all of these machines are tricky SINCE the glitch with higher. For this problem be had in Deluxe or premium grades overdrive may be used by NHTSA during the process! The powertrain control module all usable parts is cold or it will be underneath. Times where the shifting has almost caused a wreck pressed down the car on race. Gear making the car would not safety issue, i 've done automatic transmission ’. Transmission on 5/31/2020 or mantic, the VIN was not contacted however, VIN... Was new, the Raptor, and even the Camaro ZL1 Ford models have recalled! Shift gears while driving approximately 35 mph, the Raptor, and Mustang! Gears: even though you 're not shifting them, an automatic in.

John Steinbeck Parents, Edwin Meese Syndrome, Pros And Cons Of Working In A School Cafeteria, Mike Mullen 5 Star, Pulled Muscle In Shoulder, Marty Turco Net Worth, Terrell Davis Net Worth, Supernatural Weeping Angels Episode, Emily St John Mandel Net Worth, Cycling With Axolotl In Tank, Le Grand Bain Lellouche Streaming,

Leave a Reply