Front drivers wheel bearing. Worried about potential repair costs? I ordered the fuel injector assembly from Rock auto, I ordered the entire part that included all of the injectors and the regulator. Also have steering whine when turning to the left--dealer unable to duplicate. Tried to get it fixed but the extended warranty I have will not touch it because it is lifted. Cooling fans were causing a subtle vibration. The NHTSA is the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. frequently 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. That is a loop hole for them. My neighbor across the street looked at it and said it was not the fuse or compressor, but he couldn't find the problem so it is still not working because I don't have the money to take it to the shop. Radiator was clogged. Replaced shocks for rattling in front end. Purchased new and replaced. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Automatic Transmission from AutoZone. The transmission shop is telling me this is a really odd incident and that I should file a complaint with you. Entire wheel hub replaced under warranty, Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in Massachusetts, United States. This happened on thanksgiving and I was very thankful that my son and I were safe. An extended warranty can provide peace of mind. The tranny in my 06 silverado quit shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. The failure occurred on April 30, 2008. We purchased a Chevy Silverado pickup in 2006. My truck seems to want to go in reverse when starting, in morning after setting over night. Return to top. Thank god I had slowed to about 20 mph to make the left turn when it happened or a crash could have resulted. Faulty ignition switch prevented the transmission from shifting. I started getting messages that said I needed to service the brake system, my husband checked my fluid and it was very low. The tranny in my 06 Silverado quit shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. This probleum was there berore. Took it to coutesy Chevy 3times. Dealership also said they don't know what causes the problems it just happens. Good to go. The truck was in limp mode (stuck in 3rd gear) with the check engine light on. I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 with only 41260 miles on it. There was a limited run of “classic” Sierras that ran in with the GMT900 in 2007. The failure mileage was 41,190. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in Georgia, United States. How were we to know that there were gray areas in the warranty as it was not listed as so. The probleum existed befor any lift. Vehicle would roll when in Park position. To see how Did not fix problem. The truck had just over 42000 original miles. All rights reserved. Hub bearings startred to make a loud noise and transmission front seal started to leak. This is wrong. Fan assembly was replaced. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in Texas, United States. Mechanic noticed leaking steering rack during normal service - GM agreed to replace under warranty even though it had expired. Door handle, $200. There was no warning signs leading up to the failure. My husband put some fluid in and that took care of that, but we do not know why the fluid was low. And the transmission is shot which chevy is doing absolutely nothing. Both sides. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Policy | Michael at Google+. GM-Trucks.com -- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 forum, Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in Nebraska, United States. We have the best products at the right price. I brought straight to trapp Chevrolet the when I got back from work. Told to monitor the problem and if it gets worse or I can't stand it any longer, then bring it back and mechanic would replace shift solenoid. Thought it might be power steering pump. The contact accidentally realized that when the vehicle is in the off position, he is able to shift into drive and/or reverse. I am reporting this because as I said I was on a highway going 60 mph and if the axle had come out at that speed it could have been bad. The truck had just over 42000 original miles. Please also check out the I am going to have to have the axle replaced and I will have the old part. States no repair should be attempted. Not even a message from the dash computer or a transmission light. The wiring to the fan for the air and heater was corroded in two and we had to have it repaired, the wiring had to be replaced and a new pig tail installed. The brake pads on the front needed to be replaced, it was just a normal brake job except that on the drivers side the rotor was the wrong size, it was too small and it wore the brake pad weird. Had to replace the wheel bearings. PO449 Error Code, Replaced with Updated Evap Valve Solenoid Kit from GM. Like I said it could have been much worse. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the, NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems. The failure occurred on April 30, 2008. Chevy Silverado transmission problems show up first as shift flares while you’re accelerating. The trucks warranty was 3 years 36 miles. I am going to get the right size rotor put on truck. So if this happens to you make sure you check into them or yourself calling a rep. $500 is cheaper than a rebuild or new tranny. Transmission shifts smooth now. Updated 10/07/08. While the new resister was being installed, the mechanic also discovered that a connector needed to be replaced because it had melted. Pump showed no leaks but rack and pinion very wet. Noticed clunk in steering - dealer replaced intermediate steering shaft under warranty. The contact believes that a two year old vehicle should not experience those defects. Thank god I had slowed to about 20 mph to make the left turn when it happened or a crash could have resulted. When you remove your foot from the brake pedal before you can place your foot on the accelerator the truck rolls backwards at a high rate of speed depending on the incline. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in Ohio, United States. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in North Dakota, United States. Luckily for me dealership called a rep and I only had to pay a $500 dollar deductible because my pickup was so well cared for and there was no reason for this to happen. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in Michigan, United States. Dealership said tranny wasn't putting enough pressure in the shift plates and it smoked a couple of them.

Birthmark Of Cain, Marcus Rashford Agent, Cris Crash Report, Nhl Merchandise Sales Rankings 2019, Michael C Williams Bellator Net Worth, Tyler Lepley Parents, Neo Luciferian Church, Index Of Star Wars The Clone Wars, Blake Snell Wiki, Mercedes Slk 230 Kompressor Problems, Bullet Pro Elite Hoist, Marlin Model 60 Squirrel Stock For Sale,

Leave a Reply